Thanks for stopping by our little piece of cyber space! I love having a place to share little glimpses of our life with family and friends. Be sure to leave a comment to let me know you were here!

1.1.13

Christmas 2012

Playing with the farmLittle man and his uncleSalt Lake TempleBlurry but cuteReflection PondReflection Pond
Loving the lightsMy matching boysPJ's from the Jammie ElfStickers!Stickers!His own fork and spoon!
Using the fork to open his presentsExcited to open his new tool setLearning to use toolsYum, Pringles!Grandpa and little man play with his new toysBalls!
Wearing Daddy's hatThrowing away the paperHappy Birthday!

Christmas 2012, a set on Flickr.
We've had such a busy holiday season that I have put off posting. Little man is learning new words every day and keeping us busy with all his antics. He got lots of toys and goodies for Christmas and for now those are occupying most of his time (which is a nice break for Mama!).

He's still taking his pants off when he finds the opportunity. He puts them on his head and calls them a hat. In fact, anything he puts on his head is considered a hat. He's also become quite the parrot, repeating just about anything he hears us say. We are having to be very careful what we talk about around our little man these days.

We've been going through an anti-food stage where even little man's favorite foods (cheese and chicken nuggets) haven't satisfied him. He's usually asking me for "nuts" (doughnuts) and "boats" (Pringles), but I'm not keeping those in supply at our house. He thinks I'm a pretty mean Mama for not always handing over the junk food he wants. And he does yell "I need ____" at me whenever he isn't getting his way. This doesn't just end at food though. He will yell, "I need a ball", "I need a bup" (meaning Grandpa), or even "I need up". He's become very demanding.

Little man's new favorite thing is to throw things away, which is sometimes helpful and sometimes not so helpful. On Christmas he enjoyed throwing away all the wrapping paper. He will always throw away his diaper after a diaper change (and gets pretty mad if you don't let him!). However he will also throw away anything he thinks we don't need anymore; like food he doesn't want to eat, or his toothbrush (which he used to love and now hates...I could use some suggestions so that brushing his teeth isn't such a huge battle!).

Life is good though. Little man still loves singing, reading, and coloring lots of pictures. And as parents we are enjoying watching him learn and grow.

1 comment:

Emily Bennett said...

Kylee gets mad if I throw her diapers away too. LOL. To get her to stop throwing her food on the floor when she's done she gets to sit right next to the garbage can :)
I realized this was posted a while ago, but I haven't been able to use a computer a while. If he's still having issues with teeth brushing, Kylee has just recently started being ok with it. She won't let me do it unless she's laying down and I sing a song and be silly about it