Thanks for stopping by our little piece of cyber space! I love having a place to share little glimpses of our life with family and friends. Be sure to leave a comment to let me know you were here!

5.10.12

One thing I really love about my little guy is how good he is about helping me clean up (as long as it doesn't involve the vacuum...he hates that thing!)






Every night, as part of our bedtime routine, we pick up all his toys and put them away.  He knows just what to do.  I say, "it's time to put your toys away" and he literally goes around the room, picking up every toy and putting it in his toy box.  He knows we are done playing and he puts things away.  I know I'm very blessed to have a child that will do this, rather than pulling everything back out of the toy box.

He understands the concept so well that....one day while I was in the bathroom doing my hair, little man started pulling things out of the cupboard.  When I left the room, I called for him to follow me.  He didn't come immediately and I went back in to find him putting away everything he'd pulled out!  It was darling.

1 comment:

Emily Bennett said...

Wow! So lucky! I can't get my three-year-old to do that without BEGGING and Kylee will put one or two things back and decide to just dump out whatever box of toys she was "helping" me clean up.

Way to go little guy!