Thanks for stopping by our little piece of cyber space! I love having a place to share little glimpses of our life with family and friends. Be sure to leave a comment to let me know you were here!

4.10.12

Little man is obsessed with two things:  Balls and Trucks. 

One day his daddy made him a car while I was cooking dinner.  It is top of the line with both seat belt and steering wheel.  My hubby is creative.  And my son?  He loves it.


Then at a thrift store the other day hubby and I found him a bag of toddler appropriate cars and bought them for our little guy.

It's so fun watching him play with them.



He's been calling both cars and trucks "gucks" and when I correct him, he argues with me.  Typical conversation?

Little man: It's a guck.

Me:  No, that one is actually a car. 

Little man:  No, it's a guck.

Me: No, it's a car.

Little man:  No, it's a guck.

Me:  Fine,  you're smarter than me.  It's a truck.

I can't believe I've been pulled into an argument with my 17 month old.  And now I'm having to work hard to correct the idea that there are trucks and no-cars.  Yes, he now points to things and says "it's a no car."  Ooops.

(And no, I don't know why little man felt the need to play with his car while wearing his daddy's shirt on his head...it's just one of his quirks I guess!)