Thanks for stopping by our little piece of cyber space! I love having a place to share little glimpses of our life with family and friends. Be sure to leave a comment to let me know you were here!

31.1.13

Today my baby boy and I had an honest-to-goodness conversation. 

LM: (holding up a SeaBand) "What's this?"

Me: "You put it on your wrist.  It's supposed to help you feel better if your tummy is sick."

LM: "There's a ball!" *tug tug* "It's stuck.  I need help."

Me: "It's supposed to be stuck.  I can't get it off, sorry."

LM: (puts down the SeaBand and walks around the room, bending over to pick something up)  "It's fluff!" (actually technically he said "shish" which is his word for fluff....)

Me: "Oh, look at that!  It is fluff!  Cool."

LM: (rubs the fluff on his cheek) "Is it soft?"

Me: "I don't know, is it soft?"

LM: (accidentally drops the fluff)  "Uh oh.  The fluff!  Where did it go?"

Me: "Uh oh!  Did you drop it on the floor?  Better check!"

LM: (turning around in circles) "Where did it go?  Where did it go?" 

We never did find the fluff, which is weird.  It must have blown away in the air from the ceiling fan we keep running at night.  Anyway...I just couldn't believe I was holding that kind of extended conversation with my 20 month old!  When did he get old enough to do this?!  He's saying more and more every day. 

He's also graduated from his crib to a big boy bed.  I wasn't ready for the transition but hubby told me it was time.  It's only been one day but so far, so good.  Our little boy really is growing up fast.

1 comment:

Emerson and Cassandra said...

It seems like yesterday you were pregnant with him, and now he's having conversations. So weird, but so cute :)