Thanks for stopping by our little piece of cyber space! I love having a place to share little glimpses of our life with family and friends. Be sure to leave a comment to let me know you were here!

23.9.11

With all the apples we picked, I've been trying to find creative ways to sneak them into our meals.  We can only make so much apple pie, after all!  I found a recipe online for apple stuffed chicken and tweaked it based one the ingredients I could find in my home.  It turned out A-ma-zing.  So I'm sharing the recipe!

Apple Stuffed Chicken

4 chicken breasts
1 cup chopped apples
1 cup cheese (we used Monterey Jack, but I'm sure cheddar would work too)
1 cup crushed corn flakes
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
1/3 cup butter
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup water
2 teaspoons cinnamon



1- Mix together the apples, cheese, cornflakes, and Italian seasoning.

2- Slice your chicken breasts so that they are thin (but still connected).  I've heard it's called a butterfly cut, for you baking savvy folks.  Put a generous amount of the apple mixture inside the chicken and roll it up, securing it with toothpicks.  You will not use all of the mixture, and that's okay. 

3-Melt the butter in a frying pan and stick the stuffed chicken breasts in the pan.  You want to lightly cook all sides.

4-Mix together the chicken broth, water, and cinnamon in a cooking pan.  I used a glass 8x8 pan.  Place the cooked chicken in the pan and cover with remaining apple mixture. 

5-Cook in the over for 20 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit or until your chicken seems tender and your cheese is melted.

6-Enjoy!

2 comments:

Jayme said...

I've done one before with Pork Chops. I just put the chops, apples, butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon and pan it up!

shelby's losing it! said...

YUMMY! that looks so good!