Thanks for stopping by our little piece of cyber space! I love having a place to share little glimpses of our life with family and friends. Be sure to leave a comment to let me know you were here!

16.7.12

My poor baby boy came down with croup.  I feel like he's the only baby in the world who would get it in the middle of the summer!  It's been pretty miserable, but I'm grateful that he got over it fairly quickly.  I know that is because of the Priesthood blessing his daddy gave him and the prayers of our family and friends.

While we have been battling this illness, I have done whatever I can to make my little guy comfortable.  Which included going outside of my comfort zone and allowing him to get very, very messy.  Whenever we go outside (which is often because my baby loves being outdoors so much), my little man wants to play in the mud.  So the other day I stripped him down to his diaper and let him at it.



Of course, the one time I'm okay with him playing in the mud is the one time he's super careful and doesn't get very dirty.  Look at him using that stick to dig up dirt instead of using his fingers!

The other thing little man always wants to do when he is outside is play with all the "balls" he sees in the backyard.  How do you explain to a one year old that those balls are mushy fruit?  You don't.  He cries every time I take the "balls" away to avoid having him mash it in his hand.  This time, however, I let him go to town with his "balls" to keep him happy.



No comments: