Thanks for stopping by our little piece of cyber space! I love having a place to share little glimpses of our life with family and friends. Be sure to leave a comment to let me know you were here!

1.5.12

Baby boy's latest fascination is the DVD's we store on a shelf above his toys and books in the living room.  He will stand up in front of the shelf, reach his hand out and touch the cases, and then turn and look at me.  When I tell him no, he smiles and shakes his head.  Then he promptly giggles and begins pulling the DVD's out and throwing them around the room.



I have read that at this age the only way to discipline is to re-direct.  So I pick my son up, tell him once again that he's not supposed to throw those, and set him in another part of the room with a toy or book while he cries and throws whatever peace offering I have extended.  Most of my day is now spent repeating this same scene over and over.

Little man knows that he shouldn't do it and even knows the consequences. Sometimes, before he even touches the DVD's, he will cry because he knows what is about to happen.  And yet, the cycle continues to repeat over and over again.  I found a glimmer of hope the other day when, after being redirected three times, little man actually played with the toys I gave him and ignored the DVD's for the remainder of the evening.  Perhaps there is a light at the end of the disciplining tunnel.


No comments: