Thanks for stopping by our little piece of cyber space! I love having a place to share little glimpses of our life with family and friends. Be sure to leave a comment to let me know you were here!

1.3.12

The other day I read an article in an LDS monthly magazine about God.  The beautiful way it was written made me look at things in a way I never had before.  I was taught from my birth that I have a Father in Heaven and He loves me individually.  I've never really taken the time to stop and think what that means though.  Then I read this quote from the article: "Regardless of the circumstances of our mortal birth, we are all spirit sons and daughters of heavenly parents. God is a righteous and loving father. Our spirits came into being out of love and a deliberate choice to give us life and opportunity."

It hit me so powerfully and I sat back and realized...I was made with a purpose.  My heavenly parents chose to have me, and they love me.  How do I know this?  Because I am a mother. I love my son.  I told someone just the other day that my baby boy is my world.  He is my sun, my moon, my stars, my everything.  I would do anything for him and I want him to have the best things in this life.  I want him to always be safe and feel loved.  I want him to be healthy his whole life long.  I want him to be smart and do well in school.  I want him to make lots of friends, to recognize feelings of trust and loyalty.  I want him to experience triumph.  I want him to work hard and feel that great feeling of accomplishment.  



Those feelings I have for my son?  That absolute love that takes my breath away and makes my eyes fill with tears?  There is a God in Heaven, my Heavenly Father, who feels that way about me.  And guess what?  He feels that way about you, too.

(P.S. Happy Anniversary to my own sweet parents.  26 years and still going strong!)

No comments: