Thanks for stopping by our little piece of cyber space! I love having a place to share little glimpses of our life with family and friends. Be sure to leave a comment to let me know you were here!

9.1.12

Oooh look, my second post today!  I wanted to introduce myself to our new neighbors today, so I tried out a recipe for Cinnamon-Swirl Bread.  It turned out really well and I had a few people ask me for the recipe, so here it is!  All the credit must go to Meagan Lovell, because I got the recipe from her.  Thanks friend!

Ingredients:
1 1/3 cups granulated sugar, divided
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg, beaten
1 cup milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.  Grease and flour a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.  Mix 1/3 cup sugar and your cinnamon; set aside.  In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and the remaining sugar. In another bowl combine eggs, milk, and oil; then add this to the flour mixture.  Stir by hand until everything is just moistened.  Pour half the batter into your greased pan.  Sprinkle with half the cinnamon mixture.  Repeat with the remaining batter and cinnamon.  Use a knife to marble the batter.  Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.  Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing from the pan.



Enjoy!

3 comments:

Megan said...

Ooh, it looks good! I can't take too much credit because I don't remember where I got the recipe originally. =) So glad it turned out well for you -- hope you had a good visit with your neighbors! =)

Laura said...

It looks so yummy! Good job, Tenika! I'll have to try it out.

Catherine Parkinson said...

I tried it last night Tenika. It is yummy and everyone loved it. Thanks for the recipie. :) xxx